GEEZ. I know more about HDTV than I'd really care to know, and customers care too much to want to know. I guess it makes sense though, since they'd spend 800 bucks on the digital box, another 2-3 grand on a HDTV and 500 on cables. Each HDTV customer that calls in is so freaking inquisitive. Takes me a long time to explain as well since it gets complicated. Oh, my poor talk time! Crap, I gotta get out of that queue now. Half my calls today were HDTV related bah.
That's not to say I wouldn't want one of course. How about a donation to a worthy cause people? *cough*. HEY YOU SHOULDN'T BE GETTING ALL THESE FUNNY STORIES FOR FREE. IT TAKES WORK TO RANT.
Haha, it's so funny whenever it becomes 8 and all the china gate members log out of the phones. Basically, all chinese calls that call into the china gate are then transferred to our english gate. So as I'm walking to the elevator to go home, I hear my co-workers saying "No, chinese line is now closed.... THEY'RE NOW CLOSED, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH?!"
Man, at one of our team meetings, I was the only China gate member, and then some guy brought up the concern of the china gate closing so early. Alot of my other team members were in complete agreement! They were all like "Yeah, what the hell are we supposed to do with those customers when they just can't communicate in english well enough to troubleshoot? Make the china gate have longer hours past 8! It's not fair that they should go home so early." I felt so attacked. *boohoo.*
I was thinking to myself, man it's SO fair. We take so many more calls than people on the regular line. It really is amazing how many chinese people there are here in Van.
Anyways, the pissed SDP call today was as follows:
"Hi M, I'm having a problem with my phone service again. It's not a no dial tone problem this time. I'm getting a fast busy signal from all my phones right now when I pick up."
"Oh, *thinks to self - WTF?* okay, so can you make calls?"
"No, I can't receive calls either."
"Uh, okay. Well let me refresh your telephone service. I'll call you back on your cell phone in 2-5 minutes okay?"
"Alright."
By the way, our troubleshooting consists basically only of that. "Refreshing," as I call it, really, it's just resetting our modem that's at the customers house put in place for SDP.
"Hi ma'am. Is it still happening right now?"
"Yes, it is."
"Oh, well um, I tried to confer with a senior technician on this issue, but unfortunately it looks like they're all in a meeting right now. (I ran around 5 minutes in the call center trying to look for help with this issue since it's pretty much unheard of) I'll have to call you back within the half hour there when they come back."
"OMG, YOUR SERVICE SUCKS. I DONT MEAN TO BE RUDE BUT THIS SERVICE IS SO UNRELIABLE AND THIS MUST BE THE 4TH TIME WHERE MY SERVICE CUT OFF. BLAH BLAH BLAH TELUS, BLAH BLAH BLAH SUCKS. WHAT IF I HAD TO CALL 911???"
Yeah that sure would be a bummer wouldn't it lady? I mean "Oh yes, we understand it's an essential service and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We promise we'll get back to you within the half hour there regarding this situation."
Oh yeah, so I conferred with our TSR2's when they returned, and they had no clue what was going on either haha. Sweet.
Yep, fun. I think I'm getting used to it now though. I mean people being angry. I still feel bad, but it's doesn't last as long anymore. Oh well, I'm out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Comment again.
Post a Comment