Monday, November 27, 2006

Hit a milestone at work.

The first time I've hung up on a customer: Nov 25, 2006.

I would have blogged about it sooner, but most of the heat was gone by the time I ranted it all out to Tracy. Plus I had a VERY relaxing two days.

What a bastard this guy was. He was one of those people who know the things to say to push your buttons. Rare caller obviously, since I've never had to hang up on anyone before. Background information to know was that on Sat night, two of our HD channels (302, 309) didn't have audio.
It started out innocently enough... kind of..
"I have no sound on all my HD channels cause you guys don't have enough bandwidth to support all your new HD channels."
"What channel are you on?"
"302."
"Yeah, we have a problem with 302 right now."
*from here on, picture the fucker having an extremely condescending and bitchy tone*
"Oh, NOW you have a problem with 302. No I was right, you guys just don't have enough bandwidth to support all your channels."
"You're saying you never had sound prior to tonight?"
"No, I'm saying my PVRs can't record shows with proper audio, and I've finally decided to call now that it's happening live."
"Well, those are two different issues. We're having technical problems tonight with audio."
"OH, TONIGHT. I'm getting no audio on 302 or 309 right now."
"Yeah, those are the two affected channels. If you tune to a different HD channel you get sound right?"
"You're not listening to me. I said my PVRs do not record audio properly. God your company's customer service sucks. Can't even post the technical problems you're having on your website, and when I ask why it's not done, no one ever gives me an answer."
"Do you have any splitters hooked up?" (failed one of our checks, meaning signal prob)
"The only wires are coming straight from outside."
"... Internal splitters."
"My wiring is fine. I have a master's in and I've checked my own signal. In fact, one of your technicians came to my house and checked wiring as well, even went as far as accusing me as stealing signal. He came in and took apart my cable box and when he found I wasn't stealing cable, it was like he was disappointed. I wish everyone would steal cable from you guys. That'd put a smile on my face." *
* checks account, of course this is his first call in over a year and his first call regarding his PVRs. Furthermore, he has never had a service tech out there **
"There's no record of a service tech coming to your house for anything..."
"That's because you guys don't know what the hell you're doing, there were at least two techs out here."
".. at least not to troubleshoot technical issues. You may have encountered one of our auditors, who aren't trained to look at technical problems anyways."
"I'm not waiting at home for a tech who doesn't know what he's doing to come out, and wasting hours and 200 bucks of my time waiting around for him, unless you guys want to pay me to do so. I'll go swap out the boxes if you say they're faulty."
"Fine. Whatever. Go exchange them then."
"You guys are going to be out of business in a few years. Us consumers should be demanding our money back for non working services from you guys."
".... Yeah, okay."
"I wish I could speak with a REAL technician instead of you. You don't know anything."
"... Bye."
"You probably haven't even graduated grade 12 have you?" *releases call*

Yup, that was the general gist of the call. There was more, but I can't really remember. What a jerk. Oh well. *continues relaxation*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A masters eh...then why's he calling us? That's something I've always wondered...
Hope you enjoy your relaxation time - we had 400+ on hold all day long today which really wasn't fun!
-S