Saturday, March 31, 2007

Contemplating quitting.

Yep, you heard it folks. I think the clincher was today when my fucking lab instructor just nailed our class again. Geezuz christ, I've never been raped so badly by an instructor's wrath before. The other day this week, he spent literally 20 minutes of the 50 minute lab just lecturing us on how we're all gonna fail because we don't ask questions and are so quiet when he keeps trying to press us for questions. Then he's complaining how none of us ever visit him during his office hours either. Anyways, it dragged on, and I, along with the rest of my classmates, felt pretty shitty after that lecture.

Then today, we're reviewing the midterm, and again we're all quiet when he's asking what answers people got. LOL fuck, he keeps pressing us for answers, and our set gives the wrong answers for the multiple choice questions. When someone finally does get the right multiple choice answer, and is asked to explain their reasoning, the someone says he guessed. LOLOLOLOL. >.>

Anyways, my prof was really fed up by the written portion and he just fucking layed into us.
"Guys, there's really NO questions or input? Fine, that's it. Class dismissed. Everyone go home. Every other class got a way higher average than this class. From now on, every lab that we have, I'm going to ask at the beginning if there's any questions, and if there isn't, I'm taking off."

G fucking g.

So yes, I'm rather depressed about that. I'm usually an inputter, but not if I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, which for this class, I really don't. Oh god, I barely passed the midterm at 50%. Geezuz christ. And yea, I'm getting owned in my other courses too. So definitely, I'm contemplating a resignation from my beloved company. Or at the very least, a leave of absence. It seems, though as per usual, my supervisor is not working with me with his slow responses.

Ya, that's frustrating in itself. God, I'm trying to get a hold of him and he never responds back. Most frustrating thing. And finally when I do get a response, it's far from favorable.

Plus, I feel like I really need a change of pace. Fucking SDP has pissed me off for the last time. Fucking system has been wonky all week. Every shift I roll in and get my ear raped with angry customers. I'm so tired of it, it's not even funny. That's 3 shitty shifts in a row now, and it's serious bullshit. These customers generally all have legit reasons to be upset too, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Except for that condescending bitch I spoke with last week. She made me so angry I still remember her this week. I'm finally tired enough to blog about her now.

So here's the conversation, though it won't seem nearly as bad typed up. I'd have to show it in real life to get the full effect. Just consider an extremely condescending tone from her the whole way through:

"Thanks for choosing blah. How can we help?"
"What time is it now? I'll tell you. It's 8:45 pm. I requested a callback at 3 today. Where is my callback?"
"Uh, I'm sorry ma'am, I apologize that we didn't get back to you."
"Sorry isn't good enough. Will SOMEONE tell me what is going on with my voicemail indicator light and why it isn't going off??"

"Well, essentially our computer system that deals with the maintenance of that feature has some problems currently, but we're working on fixing that right away."
"I'm glad you guys called me to inform me of this. What are you going to do about it?"
"Like I said, our top priority right now is to get that system back up and working. You're not the only one affected, it affects all SDP customers."

"That's nice. So what are you going to do for me?"
"... What would you like for us to do ma'am?" (as politely as possible)

"That's for YOU to decide. The customer shouldn't have to think of a suitable course of action because of YOUR mess up."
*rolls eyes, are you fucking joking me*
*long pause*
"I'm not sure what you're getting at, and what you would like to have done out of this situation. It's difficult for me to envision what you have in mind."
"Like I said, that's your job."
*really holding temper in now*
"Well, I dunno, did you want to speak with my superior regarding this issue then?"
"That would be lovely."

"Okay, hold on please."
!@#!%$#$%$#@^#$@$#@!$#@!^$@%#$%$#@%

Btw, I forgot to mention I had a trainee listening to me for SDP calls too, so he was totally shocked at the audacity of this customer too.

I run around the call center, and eventually do find a supervisor to take my call (interestingly enough), which is pretty rare, and prepare to transfer this customer over.

"Thanks for holding..."
"Who am I speaking with?"
"Uh, I'm Mia."
"And what is your position? Are you a manager?"

"......I was just speaking with you a few minutes ago ma'am."
"Ohhhhhhh, you mean 7 and a half minutes ago. You kept me on hold for that long."

".... yes, well I'm sorry."
"OH. You're sorry. Well, that makes it all better. What were you doing during that time?"

*long pause, at this point, all my co-workers sitting are looking at me cause they sense a bad call.*
"I was looking for a supervisor...."
"And why does it take 7 and a half minutes?"
*another long pause*
"Because (you fucking bitch, the supervisor doesn't sit right beside me) it takes time for me to find a supervisor."
"OH? And what are THEY doing?"
*long pause*
"(Apparently about to talk to you bitch.) They have tasks to do around the office. Look ma'am, I'm going to transfer you to him now."

There was only one other call that made me cry, and this was one of the two times at this company I did. Fuck, that was just brutal. I had a horrible day at school too with practically no sleep so it was just stacked on top of each other. Only this time, it was alot more embarassing cause I had the guy training me and also the co-workers who were looking at me. The guy was really supportive though afterwards, so I did feel better after taking a little break and him trying to cheer me up.

Just terrible. I can't believe I remember that with such stark clarity. Damn bitch.

Fuck this was a long blog. Actually, it's been awhile since I had an insanely long blog.

2 comments:

Mesha said...

The China trip date will arrive before you know it. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

STICK IT TO THE MAN.