So, for the first time in awhile yesterday, another fiber line got cut along Cambie St, which incidentally, is a cable essential for the Chinese channels broadcasts in Vancity. And thus, the tragic tale of me and my shift ensues:
One after another. Loud protests and cries of outrage.
"MY ELDERLY PARENTS ARE BORED OUT OF THEIR MIND AND BOTHERING ME. GET IT BACK ASAP!"
"DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? THE SEASON FINALE FOR ____ SHOW IS TONIGHT AND I CAN'T MISS IT."
"CHINESE TV. CHINESE TV. NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW. FIX IT FASTER."
"WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO IN LIFE BUT TO WATCH OUR CHINESE TV SHOWS??? I NEEEED IT!!!!! /wrists"
Well okay, maybe not the last one but you get the drift. Took close to 50 calls in 5 hours - quite the feat indeed. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention SDP voicemail went down again too, so there were irates left and right. Most of the time though, I just felt like I was repeating our answering machine. I've forgotten how tiring mindless droning is. It's kind of carried over to today, where I'm simply exhausted from yesterday.
Regardless! It's been a rough week, but strangely enough, I don't really mind. Yesterday on my way home, I had this super big asshole too on the Skytrain.
I was just minding my own business, taking out some leftover food when he went wacko emo on me.
"NO EATING ON THE SKYTRAIN. DID YOU KNOW THAT? LOOK AT THAT SIGN. IT SAYS NO EATING."
"Fine chill bud."
"Why don't you know that? Can't you read??? Look at the goddamn sign. Blah blah blah blah"
"DUDE. I said I get your point already, geezuz christ. By the way, if you're gonna go by the rulebook, you and your bike should be on the last train AS PER translink rules, not at the front train."
He glares at me, and I glare back. Obviously, the overweight fellow needs to get laid to improve his disposition in life. I get paid to deal with shit at work, so it's a welcome change of pace when I'm allowed to bitch back at rudeass idiotsticks.
Man, I'm a nice person most of the time, but I just can't stand ill manners. There were certainly better ways he could have gotten his point across without sounding like an ass.
Anyways, back to Fairchild dying, people today are calling in to ask about rerunning the finale show yesterday, and naturally, we have no information on that. We direct customers to the station phone number, and people there direct customers back to us. Fantastic :D!
Anyhoo, I'll end off with one last funny story about another elderly lady calling in from Chinatown.
She calls in and she just flips out on me from the start. She's like :
"I WANNA TALK TO THAT GUY I WAS TALKING TO THIS MORNING."
"What's his name?"
"I don't know!!! It's that guy that picks up when I call this number *inserts number*"
"Um, there's lots of guys that pick up when you call that number. It's the general chinese line number."
"He speaks Chinese!!!"
"Yeah.... alot of guys speak Chinese here -_-. I won't be able to find him, but I can help you with whatever problem you're having."
"NO YOU CAN'T! That guy couldn't help me what makes you think you can help me? I'm looking for tech support!"
"I AM tech support, lady."
"YOU?!?!?!?!?!?! Oh ok. So yes, the young man I was speaking with earlier told me to change my TV to channel 3 and I didn't know what he was talking about."
"Oh ok, so your TV is snowy right now right?"
"No. I can see my TV channels now and it's all working!"
"... Why are you calling then?"
"Cause I want to know how to change the TV channel to channel 3. I brought along a next-door neighbor who understands English to teach me!"
"Um. Okay. But your TV is working."
"BUT I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO CHANGE MY TV TO CHANNEL 3."
"Okay, I'll explain it to him then...... >.>"
Har har har. This job always throws me into laughable situations doesn't it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HEHEHE Don't you love people?
Ah i remember that day i took about 120 calls.
Post a Comment