Thursday, July 19, 2007

Wee?!

So, after laughing my ass off at a translated article from one of my co-workers, I must share this story with the world!

There's this guy who was inspired by our lovely call centre to post his experience on a semi-popular Chinese forum. My co-worker was kind enough to do a translation for me, since I obviously am an inept idiot who can't read any language other than English.

"There was a rate increase in July, and my bill went from 46.95 to 51 dollars. I wanted to call customer service to find out the reason why.

First call: The rep asks for my phone number, name, address and date of birth. I asked about the rate increase, and he said that I was lucky because [company name] was supposed to raise the rates a long time ago! Then after giving me that explanation, he asked if I wanted to switch to [company name's] phone service.

I was talking with my friend and he told me he has a deal which he had bought a $99 dollar cable box that's equipped with many Chinese channels. The package pricing was not that different from my own. I decided to call again to ask.

Second call: The rep asks for my phone number, name, address and date of birth. I asked about getting the Chinese channels, and the rep quoted 60 odd dollars a month for the package. I told him my friend was on a package that wasn't more than 50 dollars a month, and it also included internet. The rep replied: That's impossible! Give me your friend's phone number and I'll let you know what's going on. I told him that I needed to get my friend's permission before I gave out his phone number.

So I got my friend's consent, and I called again.

Third call: The rep asks for my phone number, name, address and date of birth. I explain the situation to him, and he proceeds to tell me that he cannot give me any information even with my friend's phone number because I don't have authorization from him. He told me I must call when my friend is right beside me so that he can verify information from both of us. What kind of service is this???

So, I asked my friend to come over, and the next day...

Fourth call: Rep asks for my phone number, name, address and date of birth. Then I pass my friend over, and the rep asks him for his phone number, name, address and passport number! Naturally, my friend doesn't carry his passport around with him, so he then asked the rep if his date of birth would suffice. The rep told him no, and asked for his drivers license instead. My friend didn't have that either. The rep wouldn't give any information.

"

Haha... priceless.

No comments: