HOLY CRAP. HOW COULD ANYONE SCREW UP SO BADLY. AND NOT JUST ONE, BUT TWO CSRS. Then again, our TSRs screwed up too.
So yeah, this chinese customer at 6:23pm today called in, and was like why did that previous rep hang up on me? And I'm like uh, I don't know?
Then he started explaining his problem. Yeah. I was like wtf the whole way.
He started off saying my address is 1234 Argyle St and I've been there 3 years. You guys really screwed up my account I don't live at 4321 38th Ave. That's where my wife's parents will live. I said I wanted to transfer a digital box to my wife's parents account, not transfer my whole account!! Why'd you cut my cable in the basement? And why was that previous rep so rude hanging up on me after telling me he couldn't help me???
@_@. So I clarified, then realized that a CSR had transferred his whole account without his permission to the new address at 38th ave, then removed the wrong digital box in his own account, effectively making it unwatchable, as well as taking off internet services/full cable, and then downgrading him to basic cable and fairchild. Then, before sending out a tech, he posted the work order off right away (which means that no tech will go to install services at the new address, but disconnects the current address right away) The customer had 3 boxes on his account, and was told by one of our TSRs that the serial number couldn't be found even though it was in the customer's account information. The customer was so frustrated yesterday trying to explain to the rep that he had been watching tv on that digital box for years without problems, but eventually got hung up on and didn't bother to call back until today.
So I had to call the customer's wife and find out exactly what was happening with the new installation for her parents at 38th ave. She was like I don't understand how they could have screwed up so badly, it seemed like everything was in order! They even phoned my parents to ask if it was ok to go ahead and install services at the new address!
Haha, that's the good thing about chinese calls that late at night. I was like "omg you're so right, I don't know why they're such useless idiots." My co-worker beside me who speaks mandarin started laughing really loud because he could understand what I was muttering.
Anyways, I confirmed everything and confirmed the way the customer's bill would be like for next month. Then she was like man, I wish I had copied down the stupid reps names so I could write a letter about how terrible they were! What's your name? I'm gonna write a letter about how great and efficient you were! (even though the whole call took me an hour and 20 mins to fix up)
Yep, I didn't even get to take my last break today. So the supervisor just let me leave 10 mins early. I took my lunch/dinner break really late too at like 5:17... geez the time in between my first break and my last break is sooo long, it's like 3 freaking hours!! But since I took my lunch so late, it was actually 4 straight hours I worked. Spent so much time following up on irate customers today.
Yeah one of my co-workers who got off at 3:30 passed a pissed off elderly customer to me to call back. He threatened to cancel all his services if a tech didn't go back to his house to help him out. Of course my co-worker was waiting for a reply back from dispatch (department that deals with our technicians) and when I finally got one it was as I expected: "No, that tech isn't able to turn back, please rebook with customer." And of course I was the one to phone the customer back to inform him of the happy news. When I called he was like WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS SO USELESS. Then he eventually calmed down enough to be able to allow me to diagnose the problem. That's the funny thing about me. I guess subconsciously, I really do have this calm soothing voice. I've noticed customers rarely ever stay mad with me even if they've been wronged on so many levels. Anyways, after I figured out it was a quick fixon the telephone, I guided the customer through on how to do it (man that took forever, I had to keep repeating myself 3-4 times since he was kind of deaf), and eventually problem was resolved without any further escalation.
All the rest of the escalations were SDP related naturally. It always comes down to SDP in the end where I get the most pissed off customers. No dial tone, feature not working properly, 'CSR told thems', 2nd day of service and it's already failing, yadda yadda. Why is our phone service so unreliable? Well probably because it's new. But still, I get frustrated with it all and sometimes I wonder how successful we'll be in the future. I mean this could really bring us down if this fails, since word of mouth passes by so fast. Bah, oh well I have to keep hoping things'll get better. Sometimes I really wonder what our CEO for SDP is doing right now. Sitting in a coffee shop with the engineers discussing the oilers game while forgetting the customers who continue to lose faith in our services? Bah, I guess I'm just being too melodramatic. But I really hope we shape up soon cause if we don't, yeah.
By the way, they REALLY need to train more TSRs/management for SDP. Today when I was trying to look for help with an SDP issue, there was literally NO TSR2s/supes/a-supes for the queue. I had to take a rep off the phones and make them go into project mode to help me out. Then the call management desk (the people who phone random people up who they think are slacking off when they should be taking calls) phoned both of us up to ask what we were doing since there were only 3 SDP reps taking calls at the moment, including both me and the rep who was helping me. Since we were both in project mode, the 3rd rep couldn't go for his lunch... HAHA... 3!!!!!!!! Man, good thing it hasn't been as busy on weekends.
I really didn't like how one customer called me today and he was having a heavy fight with his girlfriend in the background. So he kept swearing back and forth with his girlfriend while I was trying to troubleshoot. And he was yelling to her too so it was really amplified on our headsets. I had to put him on hold for awhile since it was really pissing me off. Good thing he hung up, impatience wins again!
Oh well, signing off for today. First day back to night shift was one of the longest days ever working here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment