Friday, November 17, 2006

Could be worse...

Alright finally, time to blog. I spent 26 hours on my java assignment over 3 days, but I'm rather pleased with the outcome from this hard procrastinated work.

Anyone love the problems we've been having lately in our lovely weathered city? Nothing like showering in brownish water and drinking the same. Work was nice enough to supply us with safe drinks on the first day, but afterwards well, too cheap.

It was hell on earth trying to find a coffee shop that would serve coffee to poor old fatigued me, and I had almost given up on all hope in life for the next few days until I found out timmy's was able to pull through for us caffeine addicted ho's. *cries happily*

Yesterday, totally non-weather related as usual, we probably broke the record for the most SDP calls on hold with 82 on the queue, and 6 reps taking SDP calls. Woohoo, system wide no dial tone/intermittent dial tone issue. It was fantastic too cause customers were leaving their SDP phone numbers for callback, and of course it'd go straight to voicemail when we try to call them back. I'm not even gonna mention the 175 on repair and 100 on internet. Why won't the goddamn phones at work blow when I'm on shift.

Anyways, that was over and done with after a couple hours. I think I broke my record with 60 calls overall last night... but I can't recall... funny thing was, I was still slacking my ass off.

There were a couple notable stupid calls yesterday. Perhaps the storm attracts the stupidest of people.

First one:
"I can't make any outgoing calls."
"Yeah, we have a problem with the network right now. Do you have a dialtone?"
"Yes, whenever I call this number it always forwards to you guys, and I can't disconnect from you guys. Then I went to my neighbor's phone and tried to call that number and again it gets forwarded to you guys, and she's with Telus!"

"Uh... ok let me try the number then >.>"
*dials and gets a telus voicemail recording* 'The telus mobility customer you have reached is unavailable. This voicemail box is full. Please call another time.'
"Well, I tried to dial that number and I got a telus voicemail recording. Is this what you got when you called?"
"No!!! It said to hold on and that a representative would call me back when you guys were available."
"Are you sure..."
"Sure, it said something about telus mobility."
"... Um, can you try a different number?"
Of course when she does, it's fine. Who knew huh.

Second one:
"It won't let me put in 'Bohli' as my password to access it."
"What? Is this for your voicemail service?"
"I just want to access it and it's not letting me."
"Are you trying to get into your voicemail?"
"No, it's not letting me put in my password Bohli. A girl at your company gave it to me."

"... I don't understand what you're saying. Is this for your phone service or internet or what?"
"You guys should have my password on your system. It's Bohli. It's not working and I can't access it."
"Well yes, you set Bohli as your password with us in case you want to make account changes, but this isn't for your voicemail..."
"When I phoned you guys, a girl gave me Bohli as a password to access it. I can't see the numbers, they're too little."
"Are you trying to say you're trying to translate Bohli on your phone as numbers and you can't see the letters?"

"Yes."
"... Okay fine I'll set it to that in numbers, which is 02344." *resets pin*

"It's done, go ahead and press *98 to go into your voicemail."
"That's not how it worked before..."
"*tempted to ask how it worked before, and instead, wisely chooses to ignore what the customer said* Well, why dont' you give it a try, and call back if you still can't get it working...>.>"

"Ok, but that's not how it worked before..."
"Er, well... bye!!!!"


The intelligence of people sometimes makes me feel like a genius. Sweet, time to chill for a day after all that hard work.

On a totally non-related note, Congratulations BC Lions!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha your posts totally make my day! I'm back to training for router support so my days feel even longer than they are! School...well that's a whole other story in itself but I can definitely say that I feel your pain...*sigh*
-S

Anonymous said...

CAFFINE HO UNITE!