Tuesday, November 21, 2006

NINTENDO, YOU'VE WON ME OVER.

I'm so impressed I have to dedicate a blog to this. I was at metro today and they had the Wii's on display.

Naturally, I poked my head into it, casually browsing, and was about to walk away when I saw Zelda on display, which then promptly attracted my full attention for the next half hour.

I watched and waited a good 15 mins for this sucky male player to either A) stop dying and aim the goddamn bow&arrow better so he stops hitting the floor instead of the monster who is over his head or B) give the controller to me so I could do option A.

Neither A or B happened, so that's when I asked him politely if I could take over since he had played for such a long time. The nerdy looking guy then gives me a look of superiority / disbelief like because I'm a girl, he can't even fanthom how I would even know what a video game was and thus he shouldn't have to hand it over. Confidently, I look at him directly in the eye innocently until he finally reluctantly hands it over and then tries to teach me how to play, trying to tell me where to go and obviously waiting for me to die so he can take the controller back. Of course after a few mins of figuring out the unique control style, I start owning up the game, to which results in the Nintendo demo salesperson dude commenting to the serious ass-kicking I was doing in the game. I'm not trying to brag or anything but since there aren't alot of things I'm good at, I think I'm entitled to rant this time without feeling egotistical. Gaming is one of my fortes so don't fuck with me :)

The scrubby boy then walks away, and I managed to catch a glimpse of his embarassed face, to which I smile sweetly to.

Goddamn, that was satisfying. And I'm not just talking about showing up that dumbass. The Wii really does live up to its reviews. I was extremely skeptical before trying it, but now I am a believer. I will buy one when the price finally drops, along with the HDTVs. Soooo exciting. My interest in video games has finally been resparked. Thank you Nintendo!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So...did you like the Wii or not! Answer the question damnit =/