Friday, January 19, 2007

YAY EVANESCENCE!!1

Okay, here's a break from my usual ranting and bitching about customers. Turn on fan girl Mia instead. Turn away if that notion scares you, that TSR mia is rocking and emoing it out at a rock concert. You have been warned.

Itinerary
1) Sweet Sacrifice
2) Weight of the World
3) Going Under
4) The Only One

5) Cloud Nine
6) Lithium
7) Good Enough
8) Whisper
9) Call me when you're sober
10) Imaginary
11) Bring me to Life
12) Haunted
13) All that I'm living for
14) Lacrymosa

Encore:
My Immortal
Your Star


More for my reference than anything. And I've only had time to blog now. Taking a quick break before I get working on other stuff. I didn't realize how frigging behind I got in the past week, getting caught up in the excitement of the pre-concert/post-concert. Finally just finished Java. Fuck that was the hardest algorithm yet to date. But it's all the more satisfying when I get it done.

So yeah, IT WAS SOOOOOOOO FUN. OMG. I TOTALLY RELEASED THE INNER EMO ME ON THURSDAY. YAY INNER EMO ME!

Apparently our crowd receptiveness was shitty, though I didn't notice too much since I was too busy having fun.
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/arts/story.html?id=fabe75b6-18de-4539-8ba0-597ba97bc9b0

Damn Amy Lee has a sexy voice. The concert was worth every last penny I paid. I wish I had brought a stool I could stand on or something though. I'm so short comparatively to the mass of caucasians that were overpoweringly taller than me by a foot at least. Still, me and my friends were maybe 6 or 7 rows back, so those were tremendous seats, er standing spots.

There were two opening bands - Black Maria and Stone Sour. I didn't particularly enjoy the songs of either bands, except for "Through Glass" by Stone Sour. Too emo and heavy. There's a limit to how much emo I can take. Plus the audience went just a little too crazy for Stone Sour. They were more excited for Stone Sour than Evanescence I would say... oh well.

The light theatrics were quite spectacular, though it did hinder my friend from capturing some quality pictures. There was a mosh pit going on when the opening band Stone Sour was playing, and we were maybe one row away from it, but it mainly dissipated when Evanescence came on. For some reason Evanescence just isn't moshing music is it haha. (which, btw is fine by me.)

I think my favorite song was "Lithium", because the setting for it was simply spectacular to say the least, with artificial snow falling over our heads when she got into the drumming/guitaring part of the song. My second favorite was probably "Haunted". The guitar intro was so awesome and her voice was so eerily creepy and haunting, highlighting the best that is Amy Lee. My third favorite would have been "Sweet Sacrifice", simply because it was the first song and it got me excited as hell, though it might be tied with "Lacrymosa", which is my favorite song of the album. I'm surprised others weren't really into the latter song though. It's such a beautiful and sorrowful song.

The only thing disappointing was that they did not play Snow White Queen. What, we aren't good enough to sing along to "You belong to me, my snow white queen"?? Ah well, at least they scrapped it for Edmonton too, so I don't feel quite as bad that we missed one of their better songs on the album haha. Perhaps Amy was getting a little creeped out hearing the crowd sing that line back to her lol.

Amy Lee herself was beautiful as always, but I couldn't help but gag a little looking at her pink puffy feathered dress. I don't know what those people are on in the forums, but it definitely DOES NOT compliment her. Omg, it was like a prom dress gone wrong. Where the hell is your gothy attire we love so much Amy?!

Anyways, that's my mini review for the Evanescence concert. ROCK ON AMY!!!

No comments: