Except not really.
So here I am, after finishing up an outing, when me and my date are yet again for a second time, stuck in the middle of nowhere due to the Skytrain closing early on Sundays. Anyhoo, we both part ways and I begin my journey home after a bombarding of beggars at the Metrotown bus stop, to await my transfer bus home to Joyce and Kingsway. So yeah, I'm humming merrily along to "Forever Yours" by Nightwish (which, btw, will forever be associated with this incident) as I get off the bus, and wait patiently to the cross the street.
That's when I watch as two cars collide head on.
I was literally shocked, since it was the first accident I've witnessed that was so severe. The perpetrator, a young man who was running a yellow-red light at roughly 80 km/h, hit an elderly man who was turning left on a yellow light. I just stood there gawking and swearing for a good 30 seconds before crossing the street to examine the situation more closely, while a young couple had already dialed 911.
One thing is for sure - both cars are headed to the dump tonight. They were both completely trashed, with the elderly man's car leaking oil, and both cars frontal completely gone. He looked okay himself, but was extremely shocked, and was unable to move. Eventually, a band of young teenagers helped haul out the elderly man from the leaking car in case it exploded. The other fellow on the other hand, was not so fortunate. He had broken through his windshield with his head in the collision, and was bleeding profusely all over his face. He looked completely dazed, and was moaning in pain. Unfortunately for him, there was a bottle of vodka in the passenger seat next to him, indicating that he was drinking and driving. If the situation is as I perceived it, that driver will be in a huge amount of shit for being a dumbass.
Now, I had already been translinking it for an hour and a half already, and wasn't really in the mood to stick around if my bus so happened to show up, so I made sure that the young couple had indeed seen the whole thing before I took off. My bus was driving up the hill and I frantically waved him down on the other side of the street. Thankfully, my bus driver was nice and decided to wait for me. The minute I got on, I started excitedly ranting to the bus driver about what I had seen, and we had a good time chatting all the way to when I got home.
Then I went home and played DOTA. Soul-less much? :P
P.S. Requesting for a Cantonese speaking technician is not discriminatory. Fucking idiots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment