I had a pretty good idea before when we do stupid shit like this to the customers, but now this experience just further solidifies my feelings towards it all.
I made an appointment for myself to have my fucking slowass/intermittent internet checked out 2 1/2 weeks ago for between 6-8pm, as the problem is usually only evident at night. It's been an ongoing issue for 4 fucking months, and I've only put up with it because I know it's very probable nothing will be done about it, at least until I recently discovered the suites beside/on top of me are completely fine, and it's just me.
Anyways, so here I am, waiting all the way to 8 pm tonight, when I finally decide to call. The guy who picks up on the line is like "oh..the tech isn't there yet? Well, HOPEFULLY he'll be there... oops I mean he will be there. We'll have someone call you back within 20 minutes."
So I'm like well that's funny. And not very promising at all.
40 minutes later at 8:40 pm, no callback, as per normal standard procedures of my dear company. So, I call back, and the guy who picks up totally shocks me:
"Oh, this was booked for yesterday... and no one was home, and we don't have enough techs for tonight, so sorry, everyone's gone home now."
I just lost it.
"ARE YOU JOKING ME. CHECK THE REP ID OF THE PERSON WHO BOOKED THAT SERVICE CALL. IT MATCHES WITH THE ACCOUNT HOLDER. ME. I BOOKED THAT SERVICE CALL MYSELF FOR TONIGHT AND I DOUBLE CHECKED LAST SATURDAY BEFORE LEAVING FROM WORK."
"Oh I'm very sorry that this happened. We'll book it for tomorrow instead, in the morning."
"The problem doesn't fucking happen in the morning, it only happens at night. There's a reason why I booked it for an evening crew. Last time a tech came out here in the afternoon he took off because he couldn't find anything wrong."
"Well it'll be a different tech tomorrow."
"That doesn't help if the problem can't be replicated."
".... I'm sorry this happened."
"Whatever fine."
And thus a rebook for tomorrow 12-2. Like that'll fucking help. Waste of company resources and my own time. Just to add insult to injury, I was on hold for 25 mins for the internet queue to double check the service call notes and finally hung up cause I was ready to flip out on the person who answered the phone.
edit: So it turns out, the tech who came today tells me it's a known issue in the area. He was nice though and the signal is stronger after changing out a bunch of stuff, so I forgive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment