Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Speakers Corner

One of the supervisors today approached me and asked me if I wanted to go upstairs to voice my concerns or questions. I was feeling kind of really sick and didn't feel like speaking to customers, so I agreed! LITTLE DID I KNOW THEY WERE FILMING ME. I wanted to go back downstairs but they were like no go do it Maria. So yeah, I asked them when they were going to make the CBS (cable base system, our database to access customer info) enhancement to actually be able to read exactly how many long distance minutes a customer has used. Right now, we have to calculate it manually with pen and paper omg. Then some customers want the EXACT amount, even when you say oh it's approximately x number. So just tell the customer yes sir you've used exactly 199 minutes 24 seconds and 999 milliseconds of your long distance minutes.

It was pretty funny though. One guy said "Thank you for choosing Shaw, my name is X and I work at the Shaw tower." Another guy couldn't remember his name or where he worked! Haha they only gave me one practice round, then filmed the 2nd one and kept it. One wonders though, where that film will go. They say they're going to edit it in calgary, but they couldnt' specify exactly what it'd be used for. Man, I'd just die if they showed it at one of our general meetings where there's 500+ people looking at big screen TVs.

Today was a pretty relaxing day actually. Most of the time I was in project mode. First the speakers corner, then I won that reply to email thing where if we reply first, we get to go on a special project. Actually that was funny too. When I got to the sup after I had won, she was like "ok your project is to wash the dishes, here I'll bring you over." *both walk over to the kitchen and see the whole kitchen is clean*
"omg I swear to god 10 minutes ago this place was filthy! How did someone clean this kitchen without me noticing? .... I guess you earned a project mode though so let me think of something to do for you."
I ended up going around ordering people to put their jackets in the closets, and cleaning up papers/dirty cups. Although it got pretty nasty at times (stupid filthy pigs... I mean guys), it was time off the phones. I made sure that 'project' took 49 minutes, and then I got to go on my lunch break.

After that, another sup approached me and asked me if I wanted to do another project for him. Of course I agreed, and that took half an hour. By the way, our photocopier machine is aweeeesome, it orders and staples papers for you. Then I had a meeting for half an hour. Wow I spent like 2 and a half hours doing projects today. No wonder I don't really feel tired.

Our call centre has been pretty busy for the past week. I'm really surprised, since I'd think people would want to spend more time out in that beautiful sunshine instead of bitching and moaning to us. Who knows why. They wouldn't even let me leave early today *gasp* Although it wasn't really busy until 3:30 or so. Geez good thing I leave at 4:30, it's been a crazy queue after 3:30 nowadays.

Oh one last thing today, I actually got a reply from one of our reps that screwed up!! Omg, it made me so surprised I'll post it: (Btw, the first email starts at the bottom, and yes, that's how outlook works)

-----Original Message-----From: M Lawrence
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 2:22 PM
To: M Y
Subject: RE: about a cx you dealt with

Thank you – I somehow entirely missed the whole “evening” slot. As for the schpeil, I definitely do try to advise the cx of the demands placed on our field techs. Thanks again for keeping me on track!


-----Original Message-----From: M Y

Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 2:11 PM
To: M Lawrence
Subject: RE: about a cx you dealt with

Hi M,

Nope, we have 3 time slots:
Morning (A slot) is 800-1200
Afternoon (B slot) is 1200-1600 hrs, and
Evening (C slot) is 1600-2000.

When I looked in the initial sc, it specified in the spin notes to arrive after 6pm.

If a customer requests to have a technician come in at a certain time in the appointment, it’s best to note in the ns as “arrive after 6 pm if possible” since most techs follow a certain route that may not be convenient for them to go to that household at a time. Then, inform the cx that their request has been placed into the call, but also that it may not be possible since you don’t control how the techs route their calls. I find that works best with customers. Hope this helps! Feel free to msg me about any other questions you may have.

Me

-----Original Message-----

From: M Lawrence
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:37 PM
To: M Y
Cc: M Lawrence
Subject: RE: about a cx you dealt with

Hello,
I’m pretty sure that I specified that the booked time was for a “PM” slot. Isn’t that from 1200-2000hrs? If I did mention anything about that being the timeframe, I would never want the customer to be so misinformed. I’m not sure how the customer feels that was what I may have meant, but I am greatly sorry for any confusion that might have come about. I try to be very clear with all the customers whom I have to book PM time slots for. You did mention that the timeframe was for 1300-1600hrs – am I incorrect about the PM slot being from 1200-2000hrs? Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please let me know what I can do to assist in regards to this matter.
Thank you,
M Lawrence


-----Original Message-----

From: M Y
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 8:43 AM
To: M Lawrence
Subject: about a cx you dealt with

Hey M,

In the future, pls do not tell the customer that a tech can be there after an allotted time for a timed sc. This customer called back in saying that she was told that the appointment was for after 6pm, but cbs was booked for a 12-4 appointment. Someone does have to be home for the entire period for a timed crew.

010-0032-1292

Thanks!

Me


Yeah see I'm nice with our reps hoho. Oh well too much for one blog already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for killing of the time! boo to cleaning! Boo to math. hahaha you're so going to be like 30 feet large you know.